Service & Volunteerism Awards 2013
2013 Massachusetts Service and Volunteerism Awards
Individuals, organizations and corporations across Massachusetts demonstrate the power of service and volunteerism every day. The Massachusetts Service Alliance (MSA) invites you to nominate an outstanding individual, nonprofit or business/corporation for the 2013 Massachusetts Service and Volunteerism Awards.
MSA will pay tribute to the winners in each of the five categories below that demonstrate the diverse nature of support for service and volunteerism in the Commonwealth. The awards will be presented during a special “Awards Luncheon Ceremony” at the 2013 Massachusetts Conference on Service and Volunteerism on Thursday, June 6th at the Best Western Royal Plaza in Marlborough, MA.
Nominations are due Friday, May 10, 2013 by 5:00pm. No exceptions. See submissions instructions below.
Getting Things Done in Massachusetts Award
Recognizes an exceptional individual in one of two subcategories:
- A current Commonwealth Corps, Senior Corps, AmeriCorps, or AmeriCorps VISTA member who has demonstrated outstanding commitment and service over and above the requirements of their routine service assignments
- A Massachusetts AmeriCorps, Commonwealth Corps or Senior Corps alumnus/alumna who did their service in Massachusetts and whose commitment to embody service beyond their term of AmeriCorps service continues to bring about positive community change.
Higher-Education Community Service Champion
Recognizes a faculty member who has rendered exceptional educational, humanitarian, civic, or other service in his or her community in addition to the faculty member's primary university responsibilities. He/she utilized extensively service-learning and/or community action as an innovative teaching tool to engage students in civic learning and created and/or cultivated long-term partnerships with multiple community agencies. This individual also utilizes innovative ways of employing reflective teaching methodology to connect community and public service experience with academic study.
Outstanding Service-Learning Practitioner
Recognizes excellence in K-12 service-learning implementation by an educator, service-learning coordinator, or other practitioner.
Corporate Volunteerism Award
Recognizes a corporation or business that demonstrates volunteer leadership and/or whose employees' volunteer service significantly improves the quality of life in the community.
Outstanding Non-Profit Volunteer Program Award
Recognizes a non-profit organization (501(c)3), municipality, or government program that has excelled in the administration of a volunteer or corps based program (i.e. AmeriCorps, Commonwealth Corps, Senior Corps) and through its extraordinary efforts has made significant changes and improvements in the condition of the community.
Eligibility, Judging and Submission
- Individuals, nonprofits and companies/businesses may be nominated in only one category.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Board members and staff of MSA, its awards committee and judges are not eligible to nominate or be nominated.
- Service and/or volunteerism must have been performed in Massachusetts.
- Information from nominations may be released to the media and elected officials.
MSA will convene a selection committee composed of stakeholders in the Service, Volunteerism and Non-Profit sector to carefully review all complete nominations. Based on the set criteria, all nominees are given a score. Those with the highest scores will be selected. Consideration will be given to geographic diversity.
- You may nominate more than one person or organization but you must fill out a separate nomination form for each.
- Nominations will be accepted through the Massachusetts Service Alliance via an email form.
- While electronic submissions are highly encouraged, completed forms can also be mailed to: Massachusetts Service Alliance, Attn: Awards, 100 North Washington Street, 3rd Floor Boston, MA 02114
- Completed nomination forms must be received by 5:00pm on Friday, May 10, 2013.
- Click HERE for Nomination Form.
Questions should be directed to Lindsay Snyder, Director of External Relations & Development, Massachusetts Service Alliance at 617.542.2544, x211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
"I know of no great men except those who have rendered great service to the human race. " -Voltaire